What Is Cure For?
Cure #1 (Sodium Nitrite) is used for curing meats, or controlling harmful bacteria in your food products during the long smoking process.
C. botulinum can form in foods that are not properly blended with Sodium Nitrite. As a result, eating the product can be very harmful and sometimes fatal if consumed.
Cure #2 (Sodium Nitrate) is usually used in combination with Sodium Nitrite for Dry Curing - For environmentally controlled dry-curing/hanging of Salami, Summer Sausages and all sorts of other delicacies make use of Cure #2.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Did you move your location in Regina?
- Why can't I pay for my order at Check-Out?
- How Do I Pay For My Order?
- How Much Does Freight Cost?
- How much water should I add when mixing?